Hey folks! Today, we’re embarking on an epicurean journey with not one, not two, but three mouth-watering recipes that’ll take your taste buds on a stonkin’ rollercoaster ride of flavours courtesy of some TikTok’s you’ve sent me. Brace yourselves for some Crispy Feta Fried Eggs, Cheesy Garlic Crumpets, and a Condensed Milk Custard Filo Pie – but are they any good? Well watch the video and see what you think and if you wanna try them out… here you go, however if they weren’t any good i’d tell you (spoilers)….
Crispy Feta Fried Eggs
- Crumble feta into a frying pan, warm the pan over a medium low heat, the feta will start to melt. Push the feta to create a circle for your egg to go into.
- Crack egg(s) into the pan, sprinkle oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper into the egg whilst it cooks for approx ten mins.
- Char the tortilla if you wish in a pan / over a flame and mash up the avocado with some lemon juice whilst keeping your eye on the egg.
- Spread the avocado onto the tortilla wrap, add the egg on top and finish with some garlic chilli oil. Delicious!
Cheesy Garlic Crumpets
- Mix the butter, parsley, garlic, and salt together in a big old mixing bowl.
- Spread garlic butter on each crumpet half.
- Sprinkle cheese on half the crumpets and lift the non-cheese crumpet on top of the other to create a sandwich. Foil line an air fryer and place in cut side down.
- Air fry for approx 10 mins at 180°C, if you have any spare garlic butter remaining brush the crumpets before serving, but just as good without and 0.4% healthier!
Condensed Milk Custard Filo Pie
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush filo sheets with the melted butter individually and crinkle them up (the video shows this well) into a bunched sort of accordion of pastry! Stuff it into a lightly greased square baking dish. Once you have filled the baking dish with the sheets bake in the oven for 15 mins or so or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile whisk the condensed milk, milk, eggs & vanilla together in a bowl and add it to the baked filo in its baking dish once it’s out of the oven, pouring evenly all over to fill the gaps.
- Bake for 25 mins or until set. It will set quick around the edges but take a little longer to hit the centre, but having it a bit gooey instead is fine too.
- Slice up into wedges, dust with icing sugar after cooling and serve – definitely one for sharing!